Sunday, April 1, 2012

new bag


sweater - urban outfitters, shirt - target, skirt - thrifted, tights - sockdreams, boots - thrifted, leather backpack - thrifted, necklaces - talonalia

I was kind of exhausted today because I went out last night and then I had to work, even though I don't usually have to work on Saturdays. Oh well, Emily asked me to switch, so at least I got the later shift. I'll write about last night later, probably tomorrow, because it was pretty fun, and funny, although also completely ridiculous. Emily came with me, so I took her home and then just crashed at her apartment since I had to work in the morning. We totally binged on junkfood on the way home. 

Work was kind of mildly frustrating today. I was up at the registers, which I really don't mind too much but for some reason it bugged me a lot more than it did Thursday. Maybe I'm just sick of it and want to go back to my own department where I know how everything works. It wasn't bad exactly, in fact we were all pretty goofy and fun all day, but . . . I don't know, it tired me out.

I snapped these pictures this evening after work. I have to say, for all my complaining about our lousy weather  lately, I am loving the longer days. Just a month, or even a few weeks ago, there is no way I could have taken pictures outside after work, even if I got off at 5. I really wanted to get pictures because I wanted to show off this leather backpack I thrifted! I've been looking for something cute and neutral that I can use for short trips, hikes, picnics, whatever and I liked this one, especially in the cream color. But I really don't like faux-leather; there's something about the feel that bothers me and the way a lot of it is distressed so it's lighter on the edges ust looks so fake. Finding this backpack was kind of perfect! It appears to be handmade because there's a lot of flaws and some of the leather is weirdly stiff while some of it is lovely and supple. But that wonkiness only adds to its charm for me, so I'm really happy I found it.


I know I've shown off these Talonlia necklaces before, but I just love them. I bought the two of them at the same time and I always wear the two of them together. I picked up this shirt one day when I didn't go home to my house to sleep and didn't have a change of clothes. I like the southwestern motif and colors. (Can we please all try to stop saying "tribal" and "ethnic"? What tribe? What ethnicity? These are silly terms. I mean, even kilts could be called tribal, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment