Monday, April 2, 2012

wild rice with miso dressing


I have been basically living on this salad lately. It is SO good. Wild rice is tasty and healthy (but surprisingly hard to find! I get mine at Trader Joe's but everywhere else it's really expensive) and the miso dressing is delicious. Seriously, I want this stuff on everything. I didn't have any edamame so I subbed some frozen green beans, which were ok. I skipped the tofu because I suck at cooking it. I also didn't have shallots for the dressing so I just threw in some garlic. I also like to cook my rice with a little more water than the package indicates so it turns out a little softer. I found the recipe on this amazing food blog. I've been getting a lot of really good recipes from Sprouted Kitchen, including an amazing lentil "meatball" with lemon pesto. Tasty stuff. also, the pictures are so incredibly gorgeous, I really cannot recommend the blog enough.

Wild Rice Salad with Miso Dressing
1/2 cup wild rice
cooked or raw veggies
3 tbsp. sesame seeds

2 tbsp. miso
2 tbsp. agave nectar
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
garlic
juice of half an orange

Cook your wild rice according to the directions on the package. Prepare whatever veggies you're using. I like raw carrots, sliced thinly and some green beans or broccoli, lightly steamed. The edamame in the original recipe would be delicious but I don't usually have that on hand.

Mix miso, agave nectar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, crushed garlic, and freshly squeezed orange juice. I use my immersion blender to get it nice and emulsified.

Toss rice, veggies, miso dressing, and sesame seeds to combine and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment