Thursday, January 20, 2011

god I've missed this

Holy hell, it does not seem like I am meant to have a blog these days. my shitty internet went out near the beginning of the month and we only finally got it fixed just yesterday. So I'm awfully sorry and feel terribly bad that I haven't blogged in so long. It's weird, I really did miss it. I'd think about things I wanted to post and then get all sad when I realized I was probably much to lazy to go to the library and actually do that. I've also been pretty boring in what I've been wearing. Lots of cords or skinny jeans with big thrifted sweaters mainly. This picture was from before Christmas but I never got around to posting it. Pretty good example of what I've been wearing lately, since I haven't bothered to take many photos. There are a few good ones I have squirreled away so there's no great lack of blogging material.

sweater - thrifted, tee - pacsun, jeans - gap, shoes - thrifted, purse - thrifted coach

So, the one good thing about a lack of internet is the amount of reading I did. In the last couple weeks I've read at least six books, one of which was 600+ pages. I used to do stuff like that all the time, when I was a kid, and it feels really nice to just absolutely devour books again. The highlights of my book binge include The World According to Garp, Lolita, and a Nero Wolf book. There was also some Jane Austen, Ray Bradbury, and Kate Chopin in there, and I finally finished Les Miserables. 

I also started watching another Korean drama, this one my friend has on dvd and she lent me the first disk. It's called Boys Before Flowers and it is absolutely great. Even better than the last one I was watching, Playful Kiss. The girl, Jan Di, is so much more of a badass. Seriously, she regularly kicks dudes in the face and I love her for it. The asshole boy (because it seems like Koreans love jerky boys) is so ridiculously adorable it just makes me want to die. 

I guess since I'm talking about media consumption I ought to also mention that I've been going to see a lot of movies with my friend Amanda lately. We saw Black Swan quite awhile ago, and then The King's Speech and most recently Blue Valentine, which was incredibly sad but good. Usually we go to the theater right by her house but that one was only playing at the Egyptian on Capitol Hill and ended up making friends with this random stranger when we stopped for a slice of pizza after.

1 comment: