Monday, February 15, 2010

wet walks are weird and wonderful

shirt - thrifted alternative apparel, jeans - gap, shoes - thrifted

If I look a little bedraggled in this picture, it is just because I had just gone on a long, wet, dark walk with my dear friend Tommy. Night walks are probably my favorite thing ever. Anyone who randomly blurts out "Wanna go for a walk?" is my friend. I have two dead-end roads around my house, which are completely car-free and quiet at night. There is nothing I like better than wandering down one or the other with a good friend, talking about anything and everything. Certain spots on these roads have special significance to me. There's the spot Justina and I used to lay in the middle of the road and talk, the spot, a little closer, where Joe and I would smoke pot in high school, the intersection of two roads that on a moonlight night is so illuminated it's almost as bright as day, the spot my group of friends ended up sitting in the middle of the road on prom night telling ghost stories in a strange mix of prom dresses, pajamas, and tuxes, and a few spots I used to meet boys when I snuck out of my house. I hadn't had a good late night talking and walking session in a long time, so it made me incredibly happy. And I actually LOVE the rain, so even though I got soaked, it didn't bother me a bit.


I need to start putting more effort into work outfits again. I've been really lazy lately, but I think I'm going to wear a skirt tomorrow. I also am getting sick of jeans/tee/these shoes for days off. I think I need a trip to the thrift store! I'll get something kind of wacky and challenging and force myself to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment