Friday, June 11, 2010

my so-called life

coat - old navy, purse - thrifted coach, cardigan - urban outfitters, flannel - gap, skirt - urban outfitters, tights - somewhere, boots - thrifted rockport

Wow, I am definitely back in Seattle. Talk about a typical Washington day. It rained like crazy today, but I kind of like it because it makes everything seem so lush. The light is really beautiful on these sorts of days. I've been watching a ton of My So-Called Life lately and loving it. I actually never watched it when it was on TV (pretty sure I was way too young and we didn't even HAVE a TV in the nineties) so this is actually my first time seeing all the episodes. Man, I love it. I know I'm not 15 anymore and I really shouldn't be identifying so strongly with a fictional character who is, but I do. That whole desperately liking a boy and not knowing how to interpret the way he acts around you? I am so there right now. It's like, one minute you're sure, he has to like me, and then he acts totally different the next. God, I really should not be feeling this show so strongly. Oh, but the clothes. Also dying loving them. The episode where Rayanne sings for Jordan Catalano's band (Frozen Embryos, although in that episode they're "between names"), she wears the most hilarious metallic, shiny, fringed, layered, craziness of an outfit. And I love her super long flannel shirt. Or is it a bathrobe? Whatever, she wears it in multiple episodes.



As it so happens, today was all sorts of nineties-rrific. My outfit, for one, which started out inspired a little by all the flannel and boots on My So-Called Life, but then I just started having fun with pattern mixing. Which seriously, I'm proud of. I'm usually no good at it, but I really really liked my outfit today. Then, after eating Thai food with a friend I haven't seen for months (welcome home from Spain buddy!), we drove to the thiftstore where I bought some boots that are the exact same ones I wore today, but black. Definitely a good find, since I don't have any black boots right now and sometimes brown just looks weird. And, we also listened to Nirvana, on TAPE no less, on the way there and back. I didn't even pick it, my friend did. He said it went with the rain and the two together made it feel like home. Yeah, that's what Seattle boils down to, even for people from here. Rain and Nirvana.


by the way, i did take lots of pictures while in texas and they will be coming soon. just really felt like posting this today. i've missed blogging. so look forward to some sunny weather, hardly any clothes posts, which should be a nice change from the rainy day stuff right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment