Saturday, June 19, 2010

SEATAC to DFW

Ok, so I'm finally getting around to these Texas pictures. Not going to do anything crazy and post them all at once, so maybe I'll end up sprinkling them in between regular posts as well. If I ever get back to regular posts that is!

jean jacket - thrifted levis, hoodie - old navy, tee - pacsun, jeans - gap, moccasins - minnetonka

I don't know about you, but I love airports and airplanes. Really, anything about traveling kind of gets me excited, even if I'm not going anywhere cool. I definitely wanted to snap an outfit picture in the airport, but didn't realize just how awkward it was going to be. People were looking at me, like wondering if they should report "suspicious activity" while I was balancing my camera on a pile of books on my seat and setting the self timer so I could run over to the windows. Everyone's so nervous now!

This is a pretty perfect travel outfit for me. There's no way I'm going to wear something complicated or a skirt or something on an airplane. It needs to be comfortable. But I would also never EVER in a million years, wear sweats or pajama pants or something like that. Seeing that makes me so depressed. So jeans and a tshirt, with easy to slip off shoes, are definitely the best choice for me. I also tried to wear my bulkiest items of clothing so I had more room in my bag. Which, by the way, I went two weeks on what I could fit in a backpack. I'm just a little proud of that. The jacket I'm wearing, which I found at a thrift store not too long ago, was pretty much unnecessary in the Texas heat. I think I wore it one day, in a movie theater. It was nice to have on the plane though, since they're always cold. I'll try to get some better pictures of it sometime, it's the most perfectly beat up denim jacket I have ever seen. Definitely a favorite now.

I will leave you with a few shots from out the window on the airplane. This was one of the prettiest flights I've ever been on and I just couldn't resist taking some pictures, especially when we were flying over awesome mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment