Thursday, January 19, 2012

wool and flannel

sweater - borrowed, skirt - bb dakota, tights - mp, boots - thrifted

We're on the third day of this hair and the second day of this outfit (it was worn under my princess coat). I've been extremely lazy and just keep tucking strands back into the braids and adding bobby pins. This braided style is kind of my thing right now, although I do think I need to trim my bangs. I know a lot of people think I am crazy for wearing skirts in the winter, but these amazing cotton lined wool tights are warmer than any pants I own. They do pill a little, so they're not the best for a super sleek look, but they are warm. I also layer flannel shorts under all my skirts during the winter, which really adds a lot of warmth. 

I braved the snow and went to work, but we closed the store early, so I went home and drank hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps. I found this cute snowman in the parking lot, right in front of my car when I was jumpstarting it. The poor old thing doesn't like the cold. It started snowing again right when I got home, but snow when you're cozy at home, with a nice fire, well . . .  there's not much better than that, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment