Tuesday, March 24, 2009

foodie digressions

Oh my goodness, I had the most delicious dinner. I made a pot roast with delicious carmelized onions, baked potatoes, and brussel sprouts and now I'm waiting for some homemade butterscotch pudding to chill. I have been on such a huge cooking kick these days. I used to only cook more asian or other "ethnic" foods but I've been focusing a lot of traditional foods. Lots of meat and potatoes type meals. I've also been obsessed with spinach, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and parsnips. And soup, oh my gosh am I obsessed with soup. I bake a chicken about once a week and use the carcass to make stock. Split pea, lentil, butternut squash, potato leek, all sorts of things. These simple dishes are so satisfying, I'm surprised it's taken me this long to learn how to cook these things.


pants - target, shirt - pacsun

I'm on spring break right now and I stayed home today, so this is what I wore to clean, do laundry, and cook the tasty meal I was jizzing in my pants over up there. I started cleaning up the kitchen while I was cooking and went a little insane. I scrubbed down our disgusting stove hood (oh my god, the grease was so bad) and that took a few house. I smashed my thumb which hurts to type now, but it looks so much better. I have some more to do tomorrow, but it's looking good.

Yesterday I picked Justina up from work at two and we met Amanda in Seattle. She had to pick her dad and brother up from the airport at seven and didn't want to go home after school. I wore this sweet sweater vest J gave me a few years ago and my corduroys, and a jacket I bought in Australia. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. I even, unusually, wore my glasses and heels! Oh well. We got lunch and went shopping. I bought a really sweet silk tank top that has a really great shape and details at a vintage shop. I also stopped by the thrift store on my way home, and got an ugly suede skirt which will be turned into something AWESOME, just you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment