Monday, February 27, 2012

on it like a bonnet


I had such a nice day today! Ems visited me at work (she was actually dropping off cupcakes for our favorite dude, who is sadly leaving the store tomorrow) and on my lunch we went out by the river and smoked while we chatted. It was a nice to have a break from being "on" like I am all day at customer service. It's nice to be able to scowl, and curse, and complain. And how cute is Emily's little embroidered cardigan? Darling!

After work, J came and picked me up (I let her use my car after she took me to work because hers broke down on Friday) and we had dinner with Amanada and Liam. We went to this rad Chinese restaurant I hadn't tried before. The decor is bonkers, with tons of fake plants, twinkle lights, and weird large, round, colored lights all over the restaurant. The food was damn good though. I had honey walnut crispy shrimp which was weird and delightful and Liam ordered this delicious tofu dish. It was cool to get something different at a Chinese restaurant, you know? So many places it's all orange chicken and mongolian beef.

sweater - icelandica (reykjavik), plaid shirt - thrifted, wool skirt - thrifted, tights - old, boots - thrifted, bag - thrifted dooney & burke

After dinner we were going to see a movie but when we got to the theater it turned out it wasn't playing when we thought it was. Apparently Fandango can't be trusted. We dicked around and argued about seeing another movie before we finally discovered it was playing twenty minutes later in the next town. So we dashed back to our cars and got there just in time. I saw a preview for this adorable chimp movie I want to see when it comes out. Apes get to me when they do things we do. It's cool when you see that they really are just like us. The baby chimp snuggling made my heart melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment