Friday, October 9, 2009

lighting fires at school....not a pyro, it's for a class


shirt - thrifted gramicci, skirt - secondhand, tights - dkny, flats - target

I wore this today at school. There's nothing very exciting about it, although I'm really liking how I've been wearing jeans less often. This blog is serving it's purpose of forcing me to dress better. Yay! I was super stoked this morning when I found my case full of cassette tapes and actually had something to listen to on the way to school. (My mp3 player is dead, the only radio station I listen to, KEXP, is having a pledge drive, and I don't have a cd player in my car.) I ended up listening to the first mixtape Justina ever made for me, back in freshman year. It was my christmas present and she had no idea what I listened to (crap back then) but she made a really good mixtape all the same. And it has held up surprisingly well. At least half the bands on it I still listen to and like, and the other half are all funny or nostalgic now. I also fired my first piece for ceramics class yesterday. It was a raku piece, so we got to do it outside. Raku is awesome. It's definitely one of my favorite techniques because it's so unpredictable. You never know how the glazes will turn out. I also love that charcoal black the bare clay turns. So pretty!


1 comment: