Thursday, June 30, 2011

favorite dress

dress - thrifted, tights - target, shoes - aldo, jacket - cotton on (australia), silk scarf - vintage
 
As you can probably tell by the frequency with which this dress appears on my blog, it is my favorite. This simple little thrifted 90s dress (I can't remember how much I paid for it but I'm guessing around 5 dollars) has probably been worn more than anything else in my closet. It's amazing to layer, in fact, this outfit is probably my favorite thing I've ever worn. I wore the crap out of this during my Europe trip, both is lovely warm Paris and layered all up in freezing Reykjavik. I love it's simplicity in the summer. I can throw it on with a pair of sandals and grab my jean jacket and that's all, or in the winter I can use it to build a somewhat complicated but cozy outfit. 

Do you have a favorite piece of clothing? What is it? Is it sentimental, flattering, functional, versatile, or romantic? Is there a story behind it? Do you wear it all the time or just for special occasions? Is it expensive or cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment