Friday, May 4, 2012

RIP MCA


I woke up this morning and checked twitter and immediately saw a million tweets about Adam Yauch's passing. Actually the first one I saw was from Edgar Wright. I texted Justina and Alex. In middle school, I was Mike D, Justina was Adrock, and Alex was MCA. Alex had heard already, Justina had not. Our Beastie Boys namesakes are actually a big part of how Justina and I became friends. They've been a favorite for years, my first real concert was seeing the Beastie Boys with my dad and running into Justina and Alex, there with Justina's sister. The past few hours have been spent listening to their songs and watching their videos, reading articles about Adam Yauch, and crying, intermittently. He was such a talented individual. Music, film (he directed a lot of the Beastie Boys' videos, as Nathanial Hörnblowér), charity work, he did it all. This is a great loss. Read this and this and watch all your favorite videos, listen to all your favorite songs, watch live performances and look at pictures, and cry. That's what I'm doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment