Saturday, January 26, 2013

and the fog finally lifts

sky

As I was walking across the parking lot on my lunch break to pick up my takeout, I glanced up and saw this. Sometimes you just have to stop and go "dang, life is pretty." That may not be the most poetic reaction, but I'm just glad I notice these things, you know? It's a stop and smell the roses kind of thing, you sort of have to put some effort into it. There's times where I try not to be constantly snapping pictures, but I think the urge to document helps me look around, and see what's really there. I get weird looks and comments sometimes from people passing me by while I take pictures in a parking lot, or of a puddle, or whatever. But I just feel kind of bad for them, because they're not seeing it.

  1.26.13 sweater - icelandica (reykjavik), chambray shirt - thrifted from the little boys section, chiffon skirt & belt & tights - target, boots - thrifted, crystal pendant - diy, nails - ulta bam-blue-zled & revlon fashionista w/ seche vite topcoat

I also managed to snap a few detail shots of what I wore today. I haven't been able to get full outfit pictures because I lost my damn camera. And my whole purse. Quite awhile ago, actually, but I thought maybe it was just hidden under all the junk in my car. I finally cleaned that out and no. Not there. I could kick myself. I checked a couple places, but seriously, it's been ages. So that sucks. But I do really like this outfit. It's very textural, with the fuzzy wool and light chiffon. Lastly, I finally perfected the triangle manicure, which I love and first saw on The Dainty Squid. Kaylah has some killer nail art! When I did my nails last night, I thought the base color was a mid grey but it turns out it's kind of a denim-y blue. The triangle color is a dark teal, which I loooove.

No comments:

Post a Comment