Sunday, February 15, 2009

who needs boys when you have best friends?

Valentine's Day has never been a big deal for me. I mean, I like candy and chocolate and other sweets, and I like cuteness and all, but it's always been pretty unimportant. I have enjoyed the past few years, spending the day with my similarly single friend, Amanda. I have been wanting to see Coraline ever since the I saw the previews for it, but I wasn't sure it was actually going to be good until I read a review the other day and it sounded amazing. Since Amanda was also interested, we saw it today. And it was good. Really good. Excellent story and it was beautiful. So so beautiful. I absolutely love that style of animation. It makes me want to make strange little dolls and make odd little films with them.

Anyways, after I did some gross construction work this morning (so so dusty), I felt like dressing somewhat cute for the occasion. I think I ended up looking like a five year old, but oh well. Also, once again, check out how long that hair is. Ridiculous.


shirt - urban outfitters, jeans - pacsun, earrings - gift

I really do like this shirt, but I think I need to wear it with something else. As I wore it today, it's so boring. It doesn't really feel like me.

Obviously the pink and hearts were for Valentine's day, but I also painted my nails (very rare these days) a bright pink and wore a barrette with roses on it in my hair.


nails - shining heart (sinful colors), barrette - handmade vintage

(I used a downloadable software called Poladroid to get the polaroid effect on those pictures. It's fun, you should try it.)

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, however you chose to celebrate it (or not).

3 comments:

  1. cute outfit chica, thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rose barrette. It's adorable! Cute shirt too! And poladroid is amazing...I spend way too much time playing with that program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you! the barrette I've had for years, I think the roses on it are made from fimo. My mom's friend made it for me when I was a kid, but I haven't worn it in years.

    ReplyDelete