Sunday, February 22, 2009

like a hippy dippy art teacher


shirt - forever 21, necklace - africa, jeans - pacsun, shoes - vans, socks - rei, paintbrush keeping my hair up

I wore this on Thursday, when I went to see Eugene Mirman do a reading at the University Bookstore. So funny. If you're not familiar with him, you should definitely check him out. I went with J and Gary was there too, so that was cool.

The shirt is actually my mom's. The necklace is this gorgeous strand of handmade glass beads from Ghana. I have some family whose ancestors came from Ghana and they lived there for awhile. I got the necklace from them. The beads are translucent red with opaque white swirls/stripes. They're very rectangular in shape and I like the sound they make when you rub two beads together. I also like how the beads warm up as you wear the necklace; when you first put it on they're shockingly cold, but they warm up throughout the day and when you take it off at night they hold the heat for quite awhile.



I was definitely feeling a sort of art teacher vibe, though I'm not sure where that came from, on Thursday. I actually wore something different to school, but I didn't take a picture of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment