Tuesday, February 10, 2009

victorian-ish sleeves on a hippy dress



Hello.


dress - vintage, belt - my stepdad's, belt buckle - vintage, tights - dkny, shoes - bucco

This dress used to be my mom's. I'm not sure how old it is, but she wore it while she was pregnant with me and before, when she was a total hippie. It's been hanging in the back of my closet for years because I just didn't know how to wear it. I'm pretty happy with the outfit I put together here. The belt buckle was my grandmother's, she gave it to me a few years ago when she was getting rid of some stuff. I put it on a nice brown leather belt I stole from my stepdad. He never wore it. It had a big western style buckle on it before.


belt - thrifted

Unfortunately the buckle broke while I was at school, but I think I might be able to fix it. So on my way home I stopped at the thrift store to look for a replacement. I got a braided leather belt. I like the wide belt with the big buckle better, but this works too. I also got a pretty silk scarf and a red plaid flannel shirt from the little boys section.


coat - old navy

My hair has gotten so long. I rarely wear it down because it's so difficult to do anything with, but it was sort of working today, so I did. But I really need to get it cut. Also, I have ugly roots that need taken care of. I can't decide though if I want to dye it dark like my natural color or light like the rest of it.

2 comments:

  1. your house looks adorable:) , and i like your blog xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks amy! I love my house too, it was built by this crazy hippie back in the day and we fixed it up. There are some hilarious stories I've heard about what went on there in the 60s. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete