Monday, June 22, 2009

obama, escucha: estamos en la lucha

So a couple weeks ago I went to this healthcare march in Seattle. My grandparents were bussing in from Richland for it, so my mom and I decided to come too. My grandma made a banner. It was quilted and colorful and the best banner there.


Grandpa, Grandma, Mom

I ended up carrying the banner pretty much the whole time. It was pretty entertaining.




shirt - diy tie-dye tank, bandana - from the march, jeans - pacsun

The "Fire the Insurance Man" banner was pretty good too, and I chatted with the kids from Planned Parenthood who were carrying it. They were pretty cool. The cops even weren't assholes. Some of them actually talked to us and asked us about the whole "single payer" idea and what it all meant. They were interested and not rude. Some of them were on horses, and a bunch on bikes.



This picture shows the banner pretty well, and my grandparents are also next to me. My grandpa has an awesome beard.



And here's a pretty nice shot of a portion of the crowd. There were a lot of people there. (My mom took these pictures, by the way.)



It was a fun way to spend an afternoon, and a pretty important issue to support. It was all really nice until the ending point, where there were some people across the street with silly opposing signs. Oh well. I enjoyed myself. Got a little sunburnt, but again, oh well.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I love the idea of a cute quilted banner at an intense protest.

    P.S. -Free healthcare in Canada rules.

    ReplyDelete