Friday, January 8, 2010

new year's eve at the needle . . . not


dress - secondhand, belt - thrifted, colored tights - target, lace tights - urban outfitters, shoes - target, peacock feather headband - gift from j, necklace - vintage, bracelet - gift

This is what I wore for New Year's Eve. Which was pretty chill. There was a possibility of going to a party at this Trinidadian restaurant but we ended up hanging out at a friend's place. Actually, it was this boy I was sort of seeing, but I think that's over. He does have a pretty cool apartment though.



I love layering tights. The color of these ones with the black lace on top reminded me of peacock feathers and I thought the headband from Justina was a perfect choice. I also wore a cute bangle my grandmother gave me for Christmas. Thought the vintage rhinestone necklace and gold buckled belt glammmed the outfit up a little. Which is important for New Year's Eve! Haha. The dress is awful plain without the belt, even though it has a sash that ties in the back. Also, red lips make me really really happy.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you guys look like you're having loads of fun in the second photo (as it should be on New Year's Eve)! I, too, love the look of layered tights - isn't it just amazing what two tights can do?! The lace tights on top of the bright ones really jazz up your outfit here.

    I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete