Friday, July 29, 2011

30 Days of Fun (13-15)

Thursday, Day 13: Made myself some tasty lemon-y chicken, salad, and carrot kinpira after a week of eating horribly.

Friday, Day 14: Spent time with my dog.

Saturday, Day 15: Went to Cap Hill Block Par and saw Les Savy Fav.

Parts of this last few weeks have been rough, especially Friday and Saturday but I have been so grateful to have this project to prevent me from wallowing. I chose to do it just because it seemed cool, but I do think I needed it, although I didn't know that yet. This entry, although it has one of the most obviously fun things (block party) in it, actually was a sad period. On Thursday my family decided that it was time to put our dog, Shiloh, down. This was something we knew was coming for quite some time. Friday we called the vet and tried to spend as much time with her as possible and then Saturday it was time. We all went to the vet together and it was heart-breaking but we knew it was the right thing to do. Afterwards, we buried her in our backyard, I took a shower and cried some more, and then I met up with my friends and had a fun time anyhow. Had I not been doing this project, had I not already bought a ticket to the block party, I probably would have stayed home and been sad. I didn't feel guilty that I was having fun because it didn't mean I loved her any less. I could be sad and have fun at the same time and that's what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment