Friday, March 30, 2012

spring, at last

dress - thrifted, floral headpiece - handmade, tights - target, boots - thrifted

Spring may be here finally but it's still rather shy. I took these on the first day of spring, after some freak snow that morning melted off. It was a beautiful day, but still so cold! Since then, I've had a few brief glimpses of spring: days warm enough to eat lunch outside, well bundled of course, a light rain that smelled of spring, a few days a wore a sweater instead of a heavy coat and didn't regret it, and a couple glorious sunny days. But this has all been interspersed with pouring rain, heavy winds, and even still some minor snow and occasionally hail.


This lovely floral crown was made for me by my . . . aunt's danish sister-in-law? I think that's right. It was for my aunt's wedding years ago, and she made them for all the girl cousins. It's rather snug (maybe I had a smaller head then?) and can be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, but you know how I love thematic dressing. I just couldn't resist it for spring! 

Finally I will leave you with some goofy pictures of me jumping and twirling. I for once wasn't trying to snap pictures in the minute and a half before I had to leave for work, so I was able to play around and get something good. Jumping pictures are, like, really hard you guys! I had to delete probably twenty bad ones.

   

1 comment:

  1. okay, love the flower crown. so is it on a headband? or like a circular crown kind of thing? Usually when I make them (which we need to do together) I just wrap flowers around a circular piece of wire, but I'm really digging the way it looks on a headband. hah jumping pictures are the best. sometimes (most of the time) really awkward, but i think you got some really good ones!

    ReplyDelete