Tuesday, March 20, 2012

is it spring yet?

Because I am sure sick of winter. Woke up this morning to snow, once again falling. And instead of a giddy "oh my god, SNOW" I groaned and rolled back over in bed. Luckily it wasn't sticking on the roads so getting to work was fine. In fact once you got to town and out of the woods where I live, it really wasn't snowing anymore. We better have a damn good summer this year, after this yucky winter.

cardigan - thrifted, tshirt - vintage depeche mode, skirt - thrifted, tights - hansel from basel, boots - thrifted, purse - thrifted dooney & burke with vintage scarf

I really wish I had gotten some detail shots today because these tights are deathly adorable. The little scallops/waves are actually yellow and have a red dot at the apex of each loop. My manager saw them on Pinterest and I guess thought "those are so Rachel!" so she showed them to me and I just had to have them. I put off buying them for awhile and right after I did, I saw an interview with Miranda July and she was wearing them in navy. Hey, if they're good enough for Miranda July, they're good enough for me.

I will also have to show you this scarf in greater detail because the pattern is really sweet. It's not one of my nicer thrifted/vintage scarves. I think it's nylon or acetate instead of silk so it can be too slick and too firm. Basically, it's not the best scarf for tying my hair back and I'm not sure I like it around my neck either. But tied on my plain black bag for a pop of color? That works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment