Tuesday, July 13, 2010

summer camp counselor

pocket tee - gap, shorts - thrifted, shoes - old, bag - thrifted, silk scarf - childhood dress up box, sunglasses - thrifted

Wow, this is a pretty heavily thrifted outfit. Which I didn't even realize until I started writing the post. It also features three new items. I found the mini picnic basket awhile back, I think sometime in the winter. I knew I'd have to wait for the summer, but I'm SO glad I bought it. I bought the shorts more recently. Um, never thought I would love pleated, high waisted, cuffed, khaki shorts so much. But I do. The sunglasses are new from the thriftstore as well, but I'll talk about them sometime I get a better picture. You really can't see them well. The day I wore this, I was thinking about summer camp a lot. I went to a few different camps as a kid, both sleep away and day camps. I want to roast marshmallows and sing campfire songs. I think I look like a summer camp counselor, except, you know, wearing heels. Which were actually insanely comfortable. Thank you low-ish wedges! I like being able to walk long distances and run.

Instead, I'll leave you with a picture of my dear friend looking AMAZING in her mom's high waisted denim shorts from the 70s. Doesn't get more authentically vintage than that. Stealing clothes from your mom is the best thing because you realize that hey, she might have been cool once. Or maybe still is. Also, here's a picture of me with a mexican blanket worn like a cape from the same day. Kinda goofy.


No comments:

Post a Comment