Monday, August 1, 2011

happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...



Today was my birthday! And I went to Jetty Island with the fam and had a great day. I've been wanting to go to the beach and hang out lately but our weather has been so lousy. Finally the last few days have been nice and I thought a picnic on the beach would be great. But then I woke up this morning and it was raining and cold and grey. We decided to stick it out anyhow and drove up to Everett and took the tiny ferry across to the island. Seriously, that ferry is mini. Cutest thing ever, and the trip across takes about a minute.





We had a great picnic, with sandwiches and cheese and olives and veggies and hummus and crackers, which my mom put together (she read my mind and had exactly what I was going to suggest she get) and I made little mini apricot-ginger crisps in mason jars. We put a candle in one, just for cuteness. It was all delicious and perfect. Oh, and my mom also got a bottle of Orangina which seemed super nostalgic and I loved it.




Eventually the sun DID come out and it turned into a gorgeous day. I even had to wear sunglasses! But I got some sand in my eye and one of my contacts came out and I couldn't find it so I was kind of weirdly half blind. If you don't wear contacts you probably can't imagine what that's like, but it's kind of surreal. It's not like one half is blurry and one is clear, it's more like you can never find the blurry or clear spots and they're all mixed together. It was weird.







1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had awesome birthday! seriously amazing photos Rachel. Uhm pleeeease wear your hair down more pleeease.

    ReplyDelete