Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sandblast Day 1

This weekend was the annual Sandblast festival in Duvall. Every year they build a giant sand sculpture by the river and there are booths and music all weekend long. I volunteered again to help with the kids' activity (this year it was drawing on animal shaped chalkboards with chalk pastels). My friends' band played on Saturday, as did another band from my high school. Sunday was more the old hippy bands, which I actually enjoy more at this sort of thing. I got to see a bunch of people I don't see that often, who I adore, and we hung out, drew on the chalkboards, swung on the rope swing, listened to the bands, and went to Ixtapa for dinner. (As we were walking back to our cars, I noticed a fire next to the sidewalk, which we put out with stomping and water bottles. There was a garage sale sign on fire, which had caught the bark around a bush on fire, and it was very what the fuck.)








shirt - fred meyer, shorts - diy cutoffs, purse - mom's (vintage coach), necklace - vintage pewter, sunglasses - thrifted humphrey's, bracelets - diy/found, rings - great grandmother's

I never talk much about the jewelery I wear, since I wear the same stuff daily. I'm not going to get into it much now, since I don't actually have pictures that shows it off well, but expect a post about that soon. The leather string I have wrapped around my wrist I found a couple days ago, and then lost again. Oh! I saw these deer in the parking lot on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment