Wednesday, August 19, 2009

pack your shit and leave and take my memories of her with you


jacket - cotton on, shirt - diy tie-dye, pants - urban outfitters, shoes - some online store, purse - vintage coach

Yesterday I went to Seattle to visit a friend. Another friend from Bellingham was supposed to be meet us, but he missed his bus. Again. I picked Justina up from work on the way, and Amanda and her new boy came over later. We ate at this little Trinidadian restaurant called Pam's Kitchen (it's featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives this month!) and it was amazing. I've had Trinidadian food before, I've made some myself and I have family from Trinidad.

This picture is kind of terrible, but I forgot about it until I got home, quite late, so I had no light. I actually think the weird color balance looks kind of cool, but it doesn't show the clothes I'm wearing that well. That said, this jacket always makes me happy because it reminds me of Australia, where I bought it. It's also the perfect summer jacket. I was also wearing some sweet jewelry, a big amber ring, a broken watch with turquoise inlay on the handle, a beaded peyote bracelet, and a tiny seashell on a thin chain. Most of the pieces are my mom's but she doesn't wear them any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment