Monday, August 31, 2009

popsicles and croquet



So we had a little party on Saturday to celebrate mine and Amanda's birthdays. Played croquet, ate homemade popsicles and carrot cupcakes (with cream cheese frosting, of course), and just hung out. I wore my mom's prom dress, which means it would have been from about '81 or so. I think. I've always loved the dress, but it's really really small on me now. My mom was so thin! There used to be a purple ribbon at the waist, but I misplaced it, and there's also a little vest of the white and purple material that I didn't wear.




dress - vintage

Justina also wore a very cute dress. It's from Romy and her shoes are from Target. I'm not sure where her headband is from, but she wore it at our prom Senior year.

3 comments:

  1. You both look so summery and gorgeous. I can't believe it's September. I refuse to accept the approach of autumn.

    I especially love your dress! I usually don't like those uneven hemlines, but you really pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhhh, happy birthday! Looks like you and your friend had a wicked time playing croquet! Man, I haven't played that game in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so lovely! Your hair really is gorgeous, and so is that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete